Amber Group launches WhaleFin in Japan following acquisition of DeCurret Inc.
Having been acquired by Amber Group, DeCurret Inc, changes its name to ‘Amber Japan K.K.’
DeCurret Inc., a Crypto-Asset Exchange Service Provider (CAESP) registered with Japan Financial Services Agency (FSA), today announced that it has changed its company name to “Amber Japan K.K.” (hereinafter referred to as “Amber Japan”) following the completion of its acquisition by leading global digital asset company, Amber Group. In line with the completed acquisition and its name change, the company will be launching Amber Group’s flagship digital asset platform, WhaleFin, in Japan.<img class="aligncenter wp-image-259429 size-full" src="https://statics.CryptoCoiney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/whalefin.png" alt="" width="857" height="636" srcset="https://statics.CryptoCoiney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/whalefin.png 857w, https://statics.CryptoCoiney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/whalefin-300x223.png 300w, https://statics.CryptoCoiney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/whalefin-768x570.png 768w" sizes="(max-width: 857px) 100vw, 857px" />
Name Change: Amber Japan K.K.
DeCurret Inc. has welcomed WhaleFin Holdings Japan K.K., the Japanese subsidiary of Amber Group which became a shareholder in February. It has since been preparing to launch their services, namely Amber Group’s flagship digital asset platform, WhaleFin, in Japan. In view of this launch, the company has decided to change its name to Amber Japan K.K., which bears the name of Amber Group.
Digital Asset Platform: WhaleFin
WhaleFin is an all-in-one digital asset platform that was built on Amber Group’s deep expertise in serving both institutional and retail markets. It serves as a gateway to the world of digital assets and crypto finance for all users, regardless of their investing needs or experience.
Customers will now have access to institutional-grade investing tools and trading functions that was previously handled by DeCurret, through WhaleFin’s intuitive and user-friendly interface. In addition, Amber Japan plans to provide a lending service that leverages the high liquidity and management capabilities of Amber Group and innovates NFT business collaboration through various partnerships in Japan.
Michael Wu, Amber Group’s Global Chief Executive Officer said:
“We are very excited to make inroads into the Japanese market, a key crypto asset market worldwide, as Amber Group continues to deepen our footprint in Asia and center our efforts on developing our core businesses – both trading infrastructure and digital asset platform. We look forward to delivering quality digital finance services in Japan, supported by our trusted liquidity and security offering. Amber Group aims to not only develop innovative ways to grow users’ digital wealth through crypto assets, but also via Web3 services that everyone can easily access and enjoy. We plan to grow an ecosystem that goes beyond the existing framework, to cover new crypto assets services and explore the true utility of NFTs in the market. This is in tandem with our ongoing operations as a global leading digital asset platform and we look forward to further expanding our business in Japan and enabling users to grow their wealth in a sustainable manner.”
Li Yijin, Amber Japan K.K. Representative Director, also commented:
“We are very delighted to start serving Japanese customers by utilizing Amber Group’s world-class liquidity and bank-standard security. In parallel with the operation of the VASP business, we aim to build a new ecosystem beyond the existing framework and include services related to new assets listing, lending, as well as NFTs. We are excited for this next phase of growth as we work towards ensuring that users have access to the right tools and platforms to achieve a sustainable, digital lifestyle with WhaleFin.”
About Amber Group
Amber Group is a leading full stack digital asset firm, engaged in trading, products and infrastructure. Amber Group works with companies ranging from token issuers, banks and fintech firms, to sports teams, game developers, brands and creators. Operating at the center of markets, Amber provides a full range of digital asset services spanning liquidity provisioning, trading, financing, and investing. Across all products and categories, Amber Group has turned over $1T in volumes since inception.
Amber Group is backed by prominent venture, industry, and sovereign investors including Sequoia Capital, Temasek, Paradigm, Tiger Global, Dragonfly Capital, Pantera Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and Blockchain.com.
For more information, please visit www.ambergroup.io.
About Amber Japan K.K.
- Business description: Crypto asset exchange business
- Certified Fund Settlement Firms Association: Japan Virtual and Crypto assets Exchange Association
- Location: 7th Floor Arco Tower, Shimomeguro 1-8-1,Meguro-ku,Tokyo JAPAN
- Virtual Currency Exchange Operator – Kanto Local Finance Bureau No. 00016
- URL: https://www.whalefin.com/ja
- Representative: Li Yijin, Representative Director
- Contact：[email protected]
*The names of companies, products, etc. in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
Disclaimer: Main risks when trading cryptocurrencies
- A cryptoasset is not a fiat currency. A crypto asset we handle is a “decentralized crypto asset” traded and issued over the internet, and its value is not guaranteed by any specific states or other parties.
- Use or possession of a cryptoasset may be restricted in certain countries/regions under their laws and regulations.
- A cryptoasset trade may result in a loss or significant decrease in value of the cryptoasset from price fluctuation.
- Differences exist between buying and selling prices in crypto asset trades. During times of high market volatility or decreased liquidity, the differences between buying and selling prices may increase, the acceptance of orders may be interrupted, and so on. Customers may therefore be unable to complete transactions as intended.
- A cryptoasset itself may lose all value due to breakdowns in the systems for transferring the cryptoasset, or other reasons.
- In case the company’s business is interrupted by events including bankruptcy, we may not be able to return the deposited money and cryptoasset to the customer.
- If the private key is lost, the customer may not be able to access the cryptoasset in the portfolio which may result in decreased value. In addition, if the private key becomes known to a third party, the customer may incur unexpected losses.
- A cryptoasset may be used for payment of consideration subject to agreement by the counterparty receiving such payment.
- When entering into a cryptoasset transaction, read the “Document Prior to Execution of Contract” and “Overview of Cryptoasset” in advance and conduct transactions with sufficient understanding, at the customer’s own decision and responsibility. If there are any questions, the customer is to confirm prior to the start of transactions.
- The order price displayed in the trade screen at the time the order was placed may differ from the actual contract price. It may be caused when it has taken long for our trading system to execute the order after it is received from the customer, as a result of communication issues between the device of the customer and our trading system, sudden changes in the price of the currency, etc. This may work to the customer’s advantage or disadvantage.
- Customers may be unable to complete transactions as intended, due to factors such as a disaster, communication failure of public lines, delay in processing by the framework for recording transfer of cryptoasset value, and other events beyond the control of the Company.
- We may charge a specified fee for each product or service. For details, please refer to
- The term “cryptoasset” refers to a cryptoasset as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 5 of the Law on Funds Settlement, but we may use the terms “virtual currency” or “cryptoasset (virtual currency)” on some screens.